Words Do not Matter ---- A Poem: Song of the Rain

The words,
They do not matter,
But the sentences,
They matter.

The knife,
It does not matter,
But the wound it causes,
Does the most matter.

Heaven,
That place of peace,
Only way there,
Through death,
A bitter sadness,
To reach that peace,
For those left behind.

Standing in a rain,
Sadness washed away,
Through tears,
Not allowed to hit the ground below.

The ground opened up,
And swallowed us,
Whole,
To sink below the waves,
Our hands waving not hello,
But we were drowning.

I did not mean to cause you any sorrow,
Didn't mean to cause you any pain,
All I wanted to see is to see you laughing,
There,
In that rain,
Alive,
To hear you say my name,
To feel your lips on mine,
There,
In that rain.

I could not think a life without you,
Here,
In this life,
Without you,
There,
Here,
Where?
I love you more each day,
I love you even in the pain,
Without you.

Standing in the rain,
Weeping,
For these hours, days,
Without you,
Now I'm dying alone,
Here,
Trapped,
In the sinking of the sands,
Shifting in on me,
Hear,
To dare not say your name,
Good night.
Good bye...,.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bar at the End of the Road

A LOVE LETTER TO YOU - A Poem

A Midnight Dancer - A Poem