Silence in the Daylight - A Poem

There in the moonlight,
Stood the fortune,
Of a downed man.

There in the silence,
Sat the voice of reason,
Seen the words,
Falling from the seasons,
A thousand screams.

Madness,
Feels like,
My soul has turned,
Into steel.

There's no room,
At the inn,
For you,
Or for me.

It's getting later,
Twenty five,
And lining the grave,
With a funeral procession,
Sick minds,
Think alike.

A letter written,
Forty two,
Or nine,
I don't see why,
I should even care,
It's getting dark,
Maybe time,
To close my eyes.

No dreams,
No memories,
That disease,
I've been on the bottom,
Been on the top,
Been a pauper
Been a king,
Sometimes,
I feel the burden,
Pushing me down,
Getting there.

Silence in the daylight,
Nothing left to talk about,
Just sitting here,
Wishing I was there.

I was born here,
And I'll probably die here,
Don't look like I'm moving,
And I probably not,
Silence in the Daylight.
Whispers in the wind,
Goodbye...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bar at the End of the Road

A LOVE LETTER TO YOU - A Poem

A Midnight Dancer - A Poem