A Letter to a Lost Lover

Dearest love,

I see thee in the rain, dancing to the sound, that song for which we loved, I dare not close my eyes for you shall disappear from my vision, that dream that I shall see.

I wish you were still here, for me to touch, to feel your body close to mine.

Dreamless wonders fall apart, dare not weep, for one last kiss upon thy sweet lips, the song, our song, plays on, I grasp thee in my arms and we dance to that song, a memory.

I would be lying if I said I did not miss you, to hold you one more time.  I go on with my life, I shall say, but every day I miss you, more and more, that smile, delight.

Where do I go from here?

I cry in the middle of the night.

What would I say to you if I  could be with you one more night, lying in the dark, your head on my chest, listening to me breath.

I love you.

I miss you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bar at the End of the Road

A LOVE LETTER TO YOU - A Poem

A Midnight Dancer - A Poem